Monday, November 2, 2015

The Best Chalk Markers EVER!


My title isn't lying.  I wasn't paid to say that.  I truly believe that I have found the best chalk markers ever!  I've used several different kinds and they're either streaky, dry out too quickly, don't write smooth, or just aren't that great.  I've had the chance to review these chalk markers, by Chalkola, and I will tell you I'm in love.  Let me explain.


First of all, there are 2 different types that I tried.  I tried the "standard" version of what most of us probably think of when we think about chalk markers.  The 10-Pack of 6mm Bullet Tip markers is a great variety for what you would need for most of your typical projects.




I used them in several ways, including writing my kids' names on their tables.  Instead of using nameplates that get destroyed (some sooner than later), I opted to write their names instead.  If I ever need to move a student, I can simply wipe off their name and write it in their new spot.



I also used them to write on our classroom windows!  My plan is to write their sight words on the window once the pumpkins come down later this month.  These markers work GREAT on glass.  I used both types of markers to write on my windows.  It draws on smooth and has vibrant color to it.  With the sun peering through our windows each day, the glow through the chalk is gorgeous.



I also used them to write on the smooth tiles on our classroom walls (never mind the disgusting grout...ahem...).  I wrote our sight words for the week in different colors.  I LOVE this because my kids are constantly staring at them every time we line up and leave the room.  I make them read them to me as they are waiting or before they can use the restroom.  I've seriously written their sight words in so many places in our room.  There's no reason for them not to be familiar with them!  ;)  Not only that, but they LOVE standing there reading them.  Who knew?




Chalkola also has another size marker that I'm GIDDY about!  I wasn't sure if I'd use them much or even know WHAT to use them for.  Oh my...I ended up using these the most!  I love the thickness of the 15mm Chalk Markers.  The awesome thing is that you can use it with the thickest part or turn it on its side to make your strokes a little more narrow.





Once I started using these, I completely went to town.  A teacher neighbor walked by and wondered what on earth I was doing marking all over my room, but once I showed them to her and she looked at them, she stood there with me for a while coming up with more ideas I hadn't even thought of!  I use these to write on my math chalkboard vinyl sheets so that students know what page numbers to work on during math rotations.  I love the thickness of it because they can see it from all the way across the room.



I also used them to write on the floor!  Yes, the floor.  I wrote their numbers on the floor so they can stand on them when we line up.  Last year I used calendar cards and used contact paper to attach them to the floor, but they ended up ripping off and peeling.  The nice thing about using the chalk markers to write their numbers is that whenever it comes off, you just have to quickly rewrite it.  No spending money on more numbers (or whatever you use) and contact paper.  Let's be honest, contact paper takes way more time than necessary half the time.  ;)  They will get scuffed and scratched as people walk over them, but they look fine.  I've had mine on for over a week and there's just a few numbers that could use a little touch-up.




We also have heaters/AC units in our rooms, so I thought ours could use a little sprucing up.  ;)  A simple quote every now and then is always an easy way to perk up your room while promoting fun and positivity!



I also used them to write on my chalkboard pennant banner from Target.  Originally, I used a typical piece of chalk.  I just couldn't get it to stand out or look neat enough, especially since I hung it so high.  With one stroke for each letter with the 15mm marker, the letters look neat, tidy, and bold.


So are you convinced yet that these would be a GREAT addition to your classroom?  I'm sure there are a few questions you might have before you take the plunge.  Let me see if I can answer some of them before you even have to ask.

Does it come off????
Of course!  I'd be deader than a doorknob if this stuff didn't come off.  Just use a wet paper towel, baby wipe, or some Windex and wipe it right off!

What can you write on?
You can write on any non-porous surface.  Glass, tile, chalkboards, whiteboards, mirrors, etc.  As long as it's not a surface that it can soak in, you should be able to write on it.

Are these safe to have in my classroom?  Do they have strong fumes?
Yes, they are safe.  No, they do not have strong fumes.  They have a slight smell, but I promise it doesn't knock you over.  And I could only smell a hint of a smell while I was using it.  It was honestly barely noticeable.

What if I get it on my clothes?
Not a problem!  These water-based markers will wash right out.

I'm telling you, you need to own these!  They are fun and easy to use.  They are my go-to markers for a lot of projects now.  And here's a secret...when I first had them at home, my 2 and 4 year old LOVED trying them out!  I let them draw all over one of the windows in our house and they had a BLAST!

Where can I get some of these awesome chalk markers?
If you'd like to order a set, you can use the code CHALK20A to get 20% off these already discounted markers!  Put the code into the little box that says, "Add a gift card or promotion code" when you see the "Payment Method" section.  That is SERIOUSLY a great snag!

I'm telling you, you need to own these!  They are fun and easy to use.  They are my go-to markers for a lot of projects now.  And here's a secret...when I first had them at home, my 2 and 4 year old LOVED trying them out!  I let them draw all over one of the windows in our house and they had a BLAST!  I hope you enjoy them and find so many wonderful uses for these chalk markers!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a nice blog. It's really impressive. I appreciate your intelligence and knowledge. This blog is really beneficial for many of us. Here is somethings related to best chalk markers

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're in the market for the best vacuum cleaner in Pakistan, be sure to check out Baseus’ selection of the best vacuum cleaners on the market. With a variety of options to choose from, you can find your dream product here at Baseus's Official Store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GOT SCAMMED⁉️
    HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO‼️

    Contact “PYTHONAX” Immediately ✅✔️ using any of the emails below -:
    Pythonaxservices@gmail.com
    Pythonaxhacks@gmail.com
    Services@pythonax.tech

    Contacting Authorities might be helpful but most times this scam cases are not taking seriously especially if the money lost isn’t as much or people scammed aren’t as many. Most times people feel ashamed to contact authorities.

    WHO OR WHAT IS PYTHONAX⁉️

    PYTHONAX are a group of skilled hackers who use their skills to help individuals who got scammed and defrauded by tracking down the scammers using information provided. The internet today is filled with fake adverts used to scam people of their money and there isn’t really anyway to stop it. The adverts promoting this scams are so convincing and realistic that you really can’t differentiate it from what is legit and what isn’t.

    Some of the common scam that really takes a lot from people are things like-:
    ❌ Crypto & Forex Trading Scam
    ❌ Bank Loan Scam
    ❌ Buying & Purchasing Products Online
    ❌ Dating Scam (Catfishing)
    ❌ Black

    HOW WILL PYTHONAX HELP, YOU MIGHT ASK❓

    We what PYTHONAX basically do is use information you can provide about a scammer, to determine the best strategy to help you get your money back. Everything PYTHONAX do is professional and won’t be traced back to you as they keep their work discreet and clean.

    It doesn’t matter how much you were scammed, doesn’t matter what you were in contact with the scammers for, they will take up your case and will do everything within their disposal to get your money back.

    If you happen to be a victim of scammers and you reading this now, take a deep breath and stay calm, you are getting your money back. You are just an email away.

    Contact Email-:
    Pythonaxservices@gmail.com
    Pythonaxhacks@gmail.com
    Services@pythonax.tech








    PYTHONAX
    Service ©️2024.


    ReplyDelete