Whew...heading into mid-July. If you saw my last post, you know that I'm changing grade levels next year again. And let me tell you what...I am starting to get in panic mode! It's like I can't work fast enough. Someone asked what I'm doing to get ready. The biggest thing is math flipcharts for the Promethean Board. I'm insanely OCD (self-diagnosis here! ;)) and have to have everything organized and ready to go. Being unprepared drives me crazy, even though sometimes it's inevitable as a teacher. Things come up, plans change, you have to roll with the punches. But by golly, I'm going to try my hardest to be prepared in every way possible! We also use Reading Street and I've come up with resource packets that I use every week. It just makes the week easier. If you use RS, too, you can check out my TPT store because I put all of my packets on there. :) I'm 2/3 of the way done with first grade stories. I'm also going to start to implement the Daily 5 next year. If any of you use that, I would LOVE some feedback! I'm worried about how to fit in a "daily" 5. With our schedule, I just don't think it's possible. It will be more like a Daily 3.
**Sidenote: Does anyone feel kind of...alone, if you will....if you're not at I Teach K in Vegas this week? Ha! I feel like all of blogging land is out there. Maybe one of these days I can go to a huge blog meet-up in a fabulous place. But for now, I'm stuck here in central Ohio working on school stuff. :P
So last week I received a welcome surprise from...
Thank you so, so much, friend! Hop on over to her blog and check it out!
Now there are a few rules to follow when receiving this award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
So 7 random facts about myself...hmmm....
1. I have a 1-year old named Rowan. He is the sweetest little guy I've ever met! Everyone says he's the cutest kid they've ever seen. I have to agree, since I'm his mom. ;) This picture is from Easter, but it's one of my favorites!
2. I graduated from Ole Miss with my Bachelor's in Elementary Education and my Master's in Curriculum and Instruction. Hotty Toddy! :)
3. I LOVE to workout. I just wish I had more time to do it. :/
4. I have taken a nap almost everyday this summer with my son. I love it and hate it. I feel like I should be getting stuff done (*cough*laundry*cough*), but then again, summer is for relaxing, right?
5. My favorite sound is cicadas. My hubby thinks I'm weird, but it reminds me of living down South. Don't get me wrong, they're creepy little bugs. The sound is just so refreshing, though!
6. I have a secret passion for weather! I am sorta like a weather-stalker. I check it CONSTANTLY. And if we're supposed to get storms, I'm standing out on my back deck watching it roll in! My mom was struck by lightning when I was in 5th grade, so she HATES my passion for storms. ;)
7. I LOOOOOVVVEEEE grilled asparagus! Um, hello, why did I just find this out about 5 years ago?!?!? I was in my roommate's wedding down South and we had grilled asparagus at the rehearsal and reception. It was the most divine food I've ever hated when I was little. So I started growing my own in our backyard. :)
So there ya have it! A few fun tidbits about myself.
Ok, 15 is a lot of blogs...so I'm only going to do 9. ;) There are SO many fabulous blogs out there, but these are the ones I follow the closet.
Back to creating! :)