Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher! Blog Hoppin' Linky

Is anyone else beyond stressed?  Actually, I'm not stressed about my room.  It's ready.  I'm not stressed about plans.  They're done.  I'm stressed about all the "stuff" this year!  SOOOOOO many new things!  OTES, RTI, student teachers, mentoring, finishing my reading endorsement courses, being PREGNANT (it's sad that it's the last thing on my mind right now...except when I get super-uncomfortable, ha!), Common Core, assessments, trainings, lalalalalala!!!!!  Picture me plugging my ears so I don't have to listen to it all anymore.  ;)

But there's a GREAT linky party going on this week through Blog Hoppin'.  As I *try* to enjoy my last few days of freedom, I figured I would jump in a share about some of the FUN sides of teaching!  :)



1.  I am a first grade teacher from Marion, OH.  It's in a small town about 45 minutes north of Columbus.  Our campus is in the middle of a corn field.  :)  I love it.  It's so peaceful and beautiful!  This is my 7th year in the district and my 3rd year in 1st grade.

2.  I am a wife to my incredibly amazing and patient husband, Kyle.  I have to point out his patience because I am SOOOOO type-A it isn't funny.  I seriously don't know how he puts up with me sometimes.  ;)  But we have such an awesome marriage.  We laugh, joke, help each other (he does dishes, I fold laundry...we despise the chores of one another, haha), pray, and just talk and talk.  Last night we were sitting in bed talking and we recited the hilarious AT&T commercial with the guy sitting at the table with all the kids.  It was the one with the joke about "queen" instead of "clean."  We were CRACKING UP.  Nerdy fun.  ;)


3.  I am a momma to the sweetest boy I've ever seen and met in my life.  His name is Rowan and he was born June 15th, 2011.  He is an absolute joy in my life and he is HILARIOUS!


4.  I'm pregnant with my 2nd!  He will be here on November 4th this fall.  2.5 months!  :)  I'm ready for my insides to go be back in their proper place.  All the shifting, rib pain, and discomfort is starting to get to me!  I hate not being able to do what I normally do.  It'll be worth it in the end!  We have 3 names picked out for him, but we won't decided until he's born so we can see what he looks like.  ;)

5.  I went to Ole Miss for my undergrad and graduate school.  Best decision I've ever made!  I miss that place entirely too much.  We go back every year for the Double Decker Arts & Music Festival to visit friends and roommates.  HOTTY TODDY!


6.  I am a HUGE Buckeyes fan!  Living in Ohio, it's just the right thing to do.  Plus, they're amazing, which makes it even more fun!  I'm DETERMINED to make it to an OSU game!  Living here for so many years, I can't believe I haven't been to one yet!


7.  I have a black Chiweenie named Dixie and she is as sweet as pie!!!  Chiweenies are part Dachshund, part Chihuahua.  


8.  I have a SLIGHT obsession with school supplies.  Every time I go to Target or Lakeshore Learning or Walmart or Meijer, I'm always finding SOMETHING for my classroom, even if it's just a new set of pens!



9.  I also have a slight obsession with reading.  I read professional books on my own time and I love to teach reading!  It's seriously the biggest passion in my life, outside of my home.  Sometimes I feel nerdy about it, but I just love it too much!  That's part of the reason I'm so excited about getting my reading endorsement.  Not only is it right up my alley, but it is teaching me so much and just fans the flames to my love in life!  My dream job would be a literacy coordinator or curriculum director.  As of this point in my life, those are my end goals.  

10.  I saved the most important thing about me for last.  The absolute most important thing in my life is my faith in Jesus.  I've had a lot of "stuff" in my life, and entering a personal relationship with Him has been the most important decision I have ever made.  It's made me who I am today and has gotten me through every. single. moment.  There is nothing like the comfort and knowledge of knowing Him.  College was the sweetest time in my life because of this realization.  I'm still trying to find how this all works and fits together being in the "real world."  It's so hard.  The responsibilities, pulls of our culture, and distractions of being an adult have really thrown me for a loop.  But at the end of the day, I find myself clinging to Him tighter than ever to help me make it through another day and to shine through me while I impact the lives of my family, coworkers, and students.  We love being involved in our church, community group, and other Bible studies.  I find when I cut these things out of my life, things start to get rough.  It's not about doing, but it's about being.  And in order to be with Him, you have to make time for Him.  It's a challenge, especially as a teacher.  We're so tired when we come home from being with kids all day.  But if I didn't spend time with Him, I'd be even more exhausted.


I'll be back tomorrow with my room reveal!  Happy Monday!  :)







1 comment:

  1. Loved reading more about you, especially #10... SO true! Your little boy is too cute, by the way!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete