I'm linking up with my gals over at Primary Powers for a Thankful Linky.
A lot of these are very cliche and very standard answers, but they are honestly what I'm truly thankful for.
- My family: I'm sitting here staring at my husband lounging in bed watching "The Goldbergs". Sawyer, my one-year-old, is playing with the remote control. Rowan, my three-year-old, is watching "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" on the iPad. Kids and their technology. My heart is so full with these 3 guys. My life just wouldn't be the same without them.
- My home: We have another polar vortex, or so they call it, coming through Ohio right now. Thank goodness it's November, otherwise we'd be looking at temperatures below zero right now. Instead it's just 30 degrees. Tell me again why I didn't stay down south? An inch or two of snow is expected on Saturday night. I HATE winter. It makes me SO thankful for my home. Full of warmth, comfort, and love. When I'm protected from the elements, I'm even more thankful for it.
- My faith: Without God in my life, I don't know how I'd even be here today. Having a future to look forward to is the only thing that keeps me going some days. This earth is not all there is (thank goodness!). I'm so far from perfect and mess up in so many ways each and every day, but yet Christ forgives me without question. He gave His Son (and when you become a parent, that becomes even more remarkable) so that I can be forgiven and be given a one-millionth chance.
- My coworkers: Let's face it. Our coworkers are like our second family. Next to our immediate family, we are with them more than anyone else. I'm so grateful to share life with them. I love getting to know them, sharing ideas with them, and being there for each other when the tough gets going. From losing loved ones to losing pets to having bad hair days to struggling with health problems, it's so nice to have a support group and friends that stand by your side and are willing to help you at the drop of a hat.
- My friends: High school friends, college friends, blogging friends, church friends...we need friends. We need encouragement. I'm so glad to have some gals (and guys) in my life that stay in touch, plan playdates for our kids, send a text message to show they care, get excited for each other, and just encourage each other in life. Life is so tough sometimes. Reach out to those around you and be a blessing. We need each other.
- My students and their families: I was watching my students run around on the playground today with pure joy all over their sweet faces. Innocent, cheerful children. I'm so grateful to have the honor of having a moment of their life to help mold them and shape them for their future. We had conferences last Thursday and last night and I just love meeting with parents and hearing the encouragement seeing their faces light up when I praise their kids. Even if their child is struggling and I have to relay that information, I think it's so powerful to sit and plan together as to how best help their child. The parents I've had are so wonderful and I'm so blessed to have such wonderful students and parents.
Don't forget to check out the other Thankful threads from Primary Powers!