Monday, September 1, 2014

September Currently

I have officially made it through my first week of school!  And my class is the SWEETEST.  They are SUCH a great group!  I have a lot of advanced kids, which means I need to figure out how to challenge them this year.  I have my work cut out for me!  So now that the beginning of school is out of the way, I have some new products up my sleeve that I think you're going to love!  I'm going to work on one today and hopefully start the other one later this week.  Stay tuned!  ;)

But TODAY is SEPTEMBER!  Already!  That means it's time to link up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade! for Currently!


LISTENING:  I sure do love listening to my family at home in the mornings.  It feels like a Saturday with waking up whenever, eating cereal in bowls, and watching cartoons.  Makes my heart happy.  :)

LOVING: I KNOW I am not the only one excited about fall!  I have to admit, I started burning Toasted Apple Butter in my Scentsy on Friday because I just couldn't help it.  I love seeing all the fall scents out and all the fall displays in stores.  Now if the weather would just cool down a tad...

THINKING: My house was totally neglected during my first week back to school.  We are in desperate need to get the laundry done and this place cleaned!

WANTING: Our gym has been closed since Wednesday for their annual deep-clean.  I'm so appreciative that they do this, but going 6 days without the gym being open is almost more than I can handle!

NEEDING: Being a 4 day week, that already makes things a little condensed as far as lesson plans are concerned.  We also have a day and a half of AIMSWeb testing this week, so I just need to come up with some plans for tomorrow, Thursday afternoon, and Friday.  I'm going to be starting writing workshop this week, but I definitely need to come up with a few other things.

3 TRIPS: Fiji just looks gorgeous and I'm a sucker for the beach, I've been DYING to visit Vermont in the fall, and I love the south and Charleston seems to have plenty of southern and plenty of culture!

I hope everyone has a great week!  I'm putting together some blog posts about our RTI process that I'm hoping others will find helpful.  And make sure you visit Farley's blog to read other Currently posts!  See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love waking up and spending time with my kiddos too! It is so nice to not have to worry about rushing off to work, and taking our time in the morning!! I agree that it will be so nice when it starts to cool down a little too! It is still way to hot here to burn candles, but we have them, and are ready when it does start to cool down!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for fall, too! I love the cooler weather, the great smells...

    Fiji sounds fantastic! Sign me up!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to Charleston, make sure you go to Savannah too. We went to both in one trip, and I LOVED Savannah. Have been back one other time and would totally go again in a heartbeat!

    I have lots of advanced kiddos too; we'll have to chat! Enjoy your extra day off :)

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not planned for the week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love weekend mornings with the kiddos! They are the best!

    I decorated for fall and broke out all of my fall scents. It is my favorite time of the year! I cannot wait to go apple picking and to take the family to get our pumpkins.

    AIMSweb...ooo, I am not looking forward to that!

    Have a great week!

    Nicole
    www.NicolesLearningLab.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, Get out!!!! How have I not followed your blog before?!?! That is just crazy talk! I just love you and am so happy to get ideas from you. So proud of you too my friend. Have a blessed {short} week.
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete