Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions: Fitness

Today's fitness resolutions start off as a fail.  Just warning you.  I actually went to the gym yesterday.  It was the first time back in a long time.  I used to run everyday, run 5Ks, attend spin class twice a week, lift weights, etc.  I was pretty buff and fit!  Then...school got in the way.  :P  I get SO wrapped up in school from about August-December.  It's awful.  Everything else gets shoved to the side.  Then Christmas break rolls around and I reevaluate.  And here we are.  :)


Where to start?  Well, let's just say I want to get back in the habit of working out.  I've always found that the first week is often the hardest.  Then it's like a drug...your body just gets addicted to it and you HAVE to have it!  It's kind of wonderful, actually.  :)


I DEFINITELY want to hit up some more 5Ks!  I LOVE them!  I want to try to beat my time with each one I run this year.  That means training starts stat.  A.K.A. Tomorrow.


This is the biggest area I need to commit myself!  EATING.  Omg.  I love food.  But it hates me.  I just can't eat like I used to without it catching up to me.  ;)  That means I need to plan more trips to Whole Foods and Earth Fare!


I'll be back tomorrow to hit the rewind button and post the things I missed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FRIENDS!  MAY YOU BE BLESSED WITH A REMARKABLE 2013!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Goodness what a great reminder! I LOVE running, just haven't done enough of it recently! I can't wait to get back at it this year. Do you have a Fresh Market near you? That's another great place for healthy food too!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I LOVE running. It's the WORST when you stop though, because it's so hard to get back with it! But I just need to. And no, I've never heard of Fresh Market! It sounds like something I would LOVE, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try some 5Ks as well! I just have to get my booty motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I! LOVE! FOOD!!!! Good luck with your fitness goals! So far, I have managed to stick with it a week or two (I started right after Christmas). I have a LONG way to go!

    Thank you for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete